Wednesday, December 30, 2009

22 weeks


Taken today at 22 weeks, 3 days

For the past week and a half, at about 10 o' clock at night I realize that another day has gone by without getting a belly picture. Between Christmas, my birthday, family in town, work, etc. it just didn't get done.  On my way out the door to work this morning I decided to take a quick picture until I can get Micah to take a normal one that doesn't disproportionally show how big my belly is. (Trust me, it's way smaller than it looks in this picture). But for now, this will do :)

Baby French is getting stronger.  I am feeling his rolls, kicks, and punches more often now, and stronger.  At night when I lie in bed I can clearly see my stomach moving.  When I was in Sarasota I went out with my siblings to see Avatar. The vibrations from the sound was making Baby French move around the whole 3 hours!
At this point he should be about 1 pound, or a bag of coffee beans. That's heavy!
Still no crazy food combination cravings.  However I did have just one piece of Coconut Cake this year (a Mast Christmas tradition) and it sounds reeeeeally good to me right now.

For a few weeks I've had a strange discomfort just above my belly button that would come and go. I'm sure it's completely normal, and even has a name for it, but it's a mystery to me! I also had pain in my left hip for about a week or so.  Both problems seem to have disappeared and I haven't experienced either for a few days now.  Other than a bad cold that I'm fighting at the moment, I'm still quite comfortable and everything on my end seems to be going smoothly with the pregnancy.  We are so thankful!



I'm currently digging my nose in quite a few pregnancy and parenting books trying to soak up all the information I can. Please feel free to suggest more if you know of any good ones!

4 comments:

  1. ahh youre so precious!! :)-- sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be so cool to see your belly moving. Does it look like a muscle spasm, or is it full on you're-sure-there's-something-in-there moving?

    ReplyDelete
  3. uhhh, both? Sometimes it's a sudden jerk, muscle spasm type, but it doesn't feel like a muscle spasm? Then other times I can feel him curled up on one side where one side of my stomach is soft and the other side is firm and rounded.

    ReplyDelete