28 weeks today!
Ezekiel is about 2.5 pounds, 15 inches long
Had my checkup this past Tuesday. The glucose screening test went well. I chugged the drink like a champ. I got a headache, my stomach flipped out for a bit, and I crashed when I got home, but it wasn't so bad with Micah keeping me company. The nurse said they would only call if I failed the test, and that would probably be by Thursday. So it looks like it's safe to assume that I passed! Yes! Everything else with me and Ezekiel seemed to be right on track and looking good. Micah got to hear Ezekiel's heartbeat for the first time which was neat :) Now I get to go for a checkup every other week!
A change I've noticed in the past week or so is that my appetite has really increased. I feel like I'm always hungry! I've woken up a few times in the middle of the night kind of sick to my stomach. It's the feeling you get when you've been hungry for awhile, and you get sick from not eating. I'm not sure if I'm getting really hungry at 3 in the morning or if I'm randomly getting nauseous. Haven't figured that one out yet!
Yesterday we cleaned out the car that Micah usually drives. I'm going to start driving that car, since it's a 4 door, and it will be a lot easier to get a baby in and out of! It felt good to have a way to physically prepare for Ezekiel since I can't do much with his nursery yet.
Most of my students haven't made any comments since I first announced my pregnancy at the beginning of my second trimester. I think they expected my stomach to pop out over night months ago. It's been funny to catch some of them studying my stomach recently like they are just now noticing my stomach growing. Some parents of other students in the school have started to apprehensively ask if I'm expecting. It's been fun to have other moms to be excited with. One boy in another teacher's class started to notice my stomach, and asked a couple of weeks ago if I was pregnant. Last Friday I saw him at carline and he exclaimed, "GEEZ, is the baby gonna come out yet?!?" It's funny to go from no one noticing or saying anything to this where I have a student who acts like I'm about to pop!
First things first, I LOVE that shirt!
ReplyDeleteGlad the glucose screening went well. I knew it would, just a doctor visit... blah.
I bet you're hungry all the time! It's time for Ezekiel to go into MAJOR growth mode. He's gotta start bulking up. ;)
Fun fun for the car! That's exciting. I hadn't thought about physically preparing... I bet that makes it seem much more real.
And yeah, now it's blatantly obvious that you're not just gaining weight. But I think it has been for a month or so now.
And the thing with the kids is they've been watching it happen slowly every day, so it hasn't seemed like a big deal. Now all of a sudden they remember Karlene with the flat stomach and are beginning to see the major difference. :)
Miss you friend. It sucks when we're both super busy. :(