Friday, June 18, 2010

Outings

We've started to get a routine going these days with Ezekiel's wake time.  We start the day off with a bath.  I wanted this to be apart of his bedtime routine originally but I gave up on that for now.  Late evenings is his fussiest time of day, and bath time doesn't seem to be a comfort to him during that time.  Late morning I usually try to do some blanket/tummy time.  He's really against the tummy time, but we're working on it.  Early afternoon is when we try to get out, anywhere.  It's summer time, with highs in the high 90's and heat index in the 100's so that means no outdoors for us.  We usually run errands, or our favorite, go meet up with daddy over his lunch break.  Micah has been pretty swamped at work so unfortunately we don't get to do that as often as we all would like but when we do, it's a treat.  We'll usually go walk around the mall that's around the corner from his work.  Ezekiel is a fan of his car seat and will sleep through pretty much anything in it!  Yesterday we were walking back to the car and for probably the first time ever he opened his eyes and looked around for awhile as if he was trying to gather what was going on.  He's not used to waking up mid day on a weekday to seeing his daddy pushing him around in a huge store. :)

2 comments:

  1. First, love the random Starbucks pic. :)

    Yeah, when baby's tired, everyone's on edge. Is he generally pretty mellow? Or is he kind of high maintenance? I like to think the high maintenance ones are future social butterflies. And that the mellow ones are introverts or people pleasers. Just a theory. :)

    Also, I know what you mean with the heat. It's SO GROSS outside. I can't even get the kids I'm watching to want to go in the pool. Mostly because the pools are around 90 degrees and it's not even refreshing. Ugh. But glad you have some indoor opportunities. I know it sounds weird, but you might want to see if there's a cheap art museum or art store you can push him around. Babies love to look at new stuff.

    And it's something about those car seats. My mom used to drive Lee around for a few minutes when he was sick as a baby to get him to fall asleep. The designers have certainly perfected their art.

    Hooray for outings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on who you ask if he's mellow or a high need baby. I say the latter, but I'm also with him pretty much 24/7 ;)

    I like that art museum idea. I'll have to use it one day when he actually stays awake when I take him out :) He has started to stay awake long enough this week for us to get to Micah, and then he usually passes out for the rest of the trip. It's cute because I can hear him cooing in the backseat when we're driving to Micah.

    ReplyDelete