31 weeks
Wow baby ticker, 4 pounds, really? He does seem to be rolling more than kicking these days. When he does kick, he seems to favor my right hip. I've been having pretty consistent pain in my hips again when I'm sleeping. It was coming and going for awhile but has been pretty annoying these past few days. I don't get what's going on but it's always the hip that's on the bed that hurts. So I flip over, feel better for a bit, and then about 2 hours later I wake up in pain again. Between the hip pain and bathroom breaks I haven't gotten a good stretch of sleep in awhile. At least it's preparing me for when the baby arrives I guess!
Our first birth class was this past week. I was pretty nervous about it going into it, but I actually felt better and more prepared afterwards. Who knew, the birth class actually did what it was supposed to! I think what stuck out to me most this week was the reminder of how important it is to stay hydrated at this stage. I didn't know that dehydration can cause preterm labor, so I've been really working on getting 8 glasses a day. There were a lot of other interesting things she went over that I won't bore you with :) Point being, I got a lot out of it, and I'm glad we're taking this class!
I forgot to mention last week that at my last checkup at the doctor they confirmed that I had passed my glucose test which means I don't have gestational diabetes and I'm not anemic!
Just like any pregnant girl, I wonder a lot about how Ezekiel will look. I'm especially curious how his skin color will turn out. I know babies of color usually come out lighter and turn darker in time. I really hope he has a good amount of color to him! I've also been wondering about his hair. Micah and I were both born with hair. I, especially, had a thick head of black hair when I was born. So I assume Ezekiel will be born with dark hair as well. What's weird is that I haven't had any heartburn. I guess it's just an old wive's tale but it seems to have some truth to it. Heartburn or not, I'll be pretty surprised if I give birth to a baldie!
I never had heartburn either, but everyone kept asking me that. I don't normally get heartburn anyways. Glad you liked the class.
ReplyDeleteoOo, maybe it's because we both carried low?
ReplyDeletegood point!
ReplyDelete