24 weeks
One night this past week after work Micah and I had to get a new battery for Micah's car. There was a long wait at the auto parts store (apparently the cold weather was killing everyone's battery, who knew?) so we decided to get some dinner and come back. I don't know what it was about dinner but something happened, and my stomach grew a few good inches before we got back. I even had my first stranger to ask me when I'm due, who was the man behind the counter at the auto parts store. It was like I became obviously pregnant in one hour! I thought it might go down, but it hasn't since (see picture). This past Friday one of the girls at work stopped dead in here tracks from across the room and exclaimed, "WHOA, where did that come from?!?" haha.
I'm definitely experiencing some sciatica pain in my left hip which makes working at a Montessori school more interesting, where most work is done on the floor. I'm guessing I should buy one of those body pillows but I refuse to by a snoogle that kicks my husband out of bed, and takes up more space than I do myself.
I'm actually feeling pretty good, considering my body is making a human being who is almost 2 pounds at this point and 14 inches long. It's starting to become more real that in just over 3 months we will have a real live baby in our lives. It's pretty daunting when I think of all that we still need to do and all the responsibility this little bundle of joy will bring. Then I remember that I only need to worry about what I can do today. Today I need to find a pediatrician. That I can handle, *phew*.
Good Luck friend! And if there's anyone who can get everything done (and done well) it's you. :)
ReplyDeleteSo not true, but thanks! :)
ReplyDeleteWhatever. ;)
ReplyDelete