Today begins the last week of my second trimester! Wow!
By this week Ezekiel should be almost 2 pounds, and a total length of about 14 inches! Ezekiel's little room in my belly is about the size of a soccer ball. That's frightening from my perspective. His eyelids in the past few days have finally separated and he's able to see around him! Also around this time they start to grow the hair on their head. If the amount of hair that his parents have is any indication, I have a feeling that's well on it's way.
We have a crib and dresser on the way that we're really excited about. Micah's grandma has very generously offered to purchase both for us, and ordered them last week.
Originally we had picked out a crib that was a dark espresso. It seems like that or white is the most popular choices out there right now and it's hard to find a natural wood color like this. Most of our other furniture we already own is dark, but we decided it didn't look right for a nursery. We found this crib and dresser in natural, and really liked how much "happier" it felt. I can't wait to set them up! Or well, for my wonderful husband to set them up ;)
Gorgeous Crib. Looks almost like a sleigh bed. You are right about the Pine colored wood having a "happier" feel to it. Warmer than the dark wood.
ReplyDeleteStill hard to believe you're having a baby. Boggles my mind. Sure is fun to watch the ever expanding photos.
You guys are so blessed! I love the crib and dresser! Does the dresser have a changing table top too? I can't tell from the pic. I'm trying to imagine your spare bedroom with baby stuff in it... and failing miserably. :( Are you taking the desk that was/is in there out? And what are you guys doing with the futon? Maybe I'll get to see it soon!
ReplyDeleteLisa - Yes, we are SO blessed!!
ReplyDeleteThe dresser has an optional piece that makes spaces for a changing pad, etc. to technically make it a changing table but I've never been a fan of those because then it constricts where I can put stuff. The baby isn't going to fly off because I don't have a piece of wood holding the changing pad in. I mean, you would never leave the baby alone on the table anyway, so I don't really understand the point of those. I like that it's just a flat top dresser :) But I digress....
Imagining our spare bedroom with baby stuff? Hm, well, you probably never saw that because we haven't changed anything in there? Micah is supposed to do an entry about that very topic (we have valid reasons for not having a nursery yet ha) but hasn't yet. I might end up having to post about that myself if he takes too much longer :P